Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

My Brother Toby

Writing
In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself


My writing:













How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks


I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks

 

Reflection

My favourite part was: drawing Toby with laser eyes.

It was really hard when: I had to find the right letters.

Something that really helped me was: Deb helped me do my work

Something new I learned was: to write more stuff in my story

Kerri Thinks
What a lot of ideas you had about Toby and with Deb's support you were able to share them and record them in your plan. You used your plan to write about Toby over several days. What great learning and practising in writing Isaac - you can hear some sounds in your words and record them by yourself!

1 comment:

  1. We are soooooo excited to see you writing more independently and starting to develop your writing skills. Keep it up, we love seeing your new stories.

    Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete