Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves. 

We need to think for ourselves!!

Image of child showing Rangatiratanga

I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: I let little kids play with me

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: I do my I time card by myself

It was really hard when: I have to share games and don't want to.

Kerri Thinks
You follow your i-time card during reading and maths and this is a great way to show rangatiratanga (you are leading by example because you are doing the right thing). Your next step is to set up your i-time card by yourself - I know you can do it!
What a great friend you are Isaac, you include everybody in your games! It can be tricky to share the trains and other games but when you share and play together with your friends it is much more fun for everybody!

1 comment:

  1. We are proud that you are becoming more independent and leading your own learning more often. Keep being a great friend and sharing, you did a great job of sharing and looking after your 2 year old cousin during the holidays. Ke the pay Little Man.

    Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete