We are learning all about Panekiretanga (excellence) as our value this term. We can show excellence in our learning and in our play. We can show excellence at school and at home... we can show excellence anywhere!
We think excellence is:
- Giving it your your best shot and never giving up
- If you don’t succeed, try and try again
- Keep on practising
- Do some thinking, then ask for help when you don’t know what to do
- We all have our own excellence, and it can be different for different things
- We need to encourage others – we show excellence in the way we talk.
- We use our manners and share, including other people in our games – we show excellence in our play
WALT: show Panekiretanga (excellence) in our learning.
Show excellence in the classroom:
- Using the discovery equipment explore, experiment and try something new.
- During buddy time work as a team to complete the T-shirt collage with no gaps, thumb size pieces of paper.
High 5 and Ci7cus learning together
- Use your i-time card and follow during maths. Give every activity your best shot and don't give up!
|We love to try all the discovery activities and work|
together to play collaboratively.
|We practise our learning with the teacher and by ourselves.|
We never give up!
- I tried my very best
- I kept on practising even when it was tricky
- I encouraged others (excellence in my talk)
- I used my manners, shared and I included other people in my games (excellence in my play)
How I am going
I tried my very best
I kept on practising even when it was tricky
I encouraged others (excellence in my talk)
I used my manners, shared and I included other people in my games (excellence in my play)
I really like: trying really hard even when I'm tired
I think I need to practice: trying a bit harder with my maths
Something that really helped me was: trying really hard to get an excellence tick.
What an excellent learner Isaac! You have thought about what excellence is and how you show it in your learning.
You try very hard and I know you love to get an excellence tick. It is tricky to keep on going when you are tired and I am pleased that you like the challenge. Keep it up!