Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Maths - Geometry

We have been learning about shapes and position words. Position words tell us where something is or where it is going. 

We use words like: On the cushion, on the mat, In front, behind, the back of the class, around, under, beside, between, middle, on top, in, through, out, off. 
We have also learned about turns and can make full and half turns. Quarter turns were new for us and can be tricky.

Task: Pick a picture of the blocks in a pattern (dont show your buddy). Using our maths words describe how to make the pattern. Remember to give accurate clear instructions.

Success Criteria:
  • I use the correct names for shapes 
  • I use our maths postiton words
  • I  give clear instructions about position
  • I follow postion instructions

My Shapes 



I use the correct names for shapes


I use our maths postiton words



I give clear instructions about position


I follow position instructions




Reflection

I can: Put the shapes where they have to go.

It was hard when: Telling the other people where to put their shapes. 

I really liked: Working with my friend.


Kerri thinks



This has been tricky learning Isaac and you have worked really hard to learn and practise position words like up and down, in and under. You can use the correct names for shapes and I can see you are trying really hard to listen to and follow instructions about how to make the shape patterns. It is tricky to give clear instuctions to your buddy but lots of practise using the shape words will help.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment