Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

Whakawhanaungatanga - Buddy class



We have been learning all about whakawhanaungatanga and what it means. We think it is all about getting along better, including everybody and being in a team.

When we are showing Whakawhanaungatanga we will :

 
See:  people sharing and noticing other people

Hear:  kind words, encouraging words like "ka pai", "good job”, “can I help?"

Think about: about other people, listen and share.


Task: Listen to your buddy and learn some things about them. Work together to create a poster sharing what you have learned about each other. Remember to practise using encouraging words, to share ideas and to notice how you your buddy might be feeling. 

 Success Criteria:     
  • I used kind words.
  • I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
  • I shared my ideas with my buddy.
  • I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.

Reflection
I used kind words.
 



I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
 



I shared my ideas with my buddy.
 



I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.
 


I show whakawhanaungatanga when: When I play in the sandpit and share my shovel and bucket.

It was hard when:  People take my bucket and shovel and didn't ask me.


I really liked: Playing with my friends because they are kind to me.

Kerri Thinks
 


Isaac, you use kind words when you talk to your friends and classmates. I love that you share your shovel and bucket when you play in the sandpit, that is showing hakawhanaungatanga. 
Remember to listen to your buddy, and your friends. This will help you to learn new things about your buddy.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment